Stöbern ...

27. Mai 2014

The Best of Both Worlds.

Hey!

So I was just watching the movie High School Musical, I'm sure all of you know it. It's this movie about a boy and a girl in High School who dare to do something new, end up proving everyone wrong, and changing the whole school. That's what it's about for normal people, for me, however (and I bet every exchange student in the US) it is the reason why we're here. Without movies like that I never would have gotten the idea of doing this year. Of course, High School is not like all the movies make it seem - no dancing and singing in the cafeteria,  no mean girls and no happy end at the end of every school year. But, nevertheless High School is awesome! We might not be dancing in the cafeteria, but what do we do at pep rallies? It's a huge party! We don't have mean girls, but there certainly is a lot of drama, and while not every school year ends movie worthy, it ends with a bang and the promise of an even better new school year ... Unless you're a Senior or an exchange student, then school ends with lots of tears, anxiety and even more tears.

Im not sure why I'm ranting like this, but I just feel like time is running. I can't believe school will be over in two weeks, which  means I have to say goodbye very soon. I'm not gonna lie, I'm very excited to see my parents again, go to the beach, and yes, even fly back to Germany and see my friends and family again, to sleep in my room, and do all the things you can only do in Germany (at least when you're under 21), but at the same time the thought of leaving, tears my heart apart. This has been my dream for roughly five years, and to think that it's gonna be over so soon is terrifying and even more terrifying is the thought of starting new again. I have made some of the greatest friends here in Texas, and part of me wishes I was born here, just so I could have spend a lifetime with them, but then I would have never met some of the greatest people in Germany which are as equally important to me. It seems like I just can't win.

My exchange year in Texas has been a blessing, but at the same time it has also been a curse. From now on, I will have two places to call home.  I turn 18 in September and I already know that I won't be able to spend it with some of my closest friends, and the same goes for every upcoming birthday or holiday. I live in two worlds now, and I will never be able to combine them, but I know that my friendship with the people I love the most is strong enough, on either side of the pond.

When I came to the US I had many goals, such as improving my English, getting to know a new culture, becoming more independent, and just leave my world for a little bit. I was more or less expecting to make "friends", but I never expected to find sisters. I'm not going to go much (more) into detail, don't worry I'll have a surprise for y'all, but I just needed to say how much these people mean to me. I love you guys so much! You've been there for me no matter what, and thanks to you I've become a better person. Thank you, I'll never forget you.

Now, before I get even more emotional I'm gonna add some pictures and go to bed.
















Love y'all sooo much

- Georgia

corrected by Alisha Adams ^.^

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen